NBA 2K, the top basketball game on the market, revealed a series of player ratings this week. Who will be this year’s best player in NBA 2K20, LeBron James is still the King. The following is a detailed introduction of the top 10 outstanding players:
NBA 2K20 Player Ratings: Top 10 Overall
1. LeBron James, 97
2. Kawhi Leonard, 97
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo, 96
4. Kevin Durant, 96
5. James Harden, 96
6. Stephen Curry, 96
7. Anthony Davis, 94
8. Paul George, 93
9. Damian Lillard, 92
10. Joel Embiid, 91
1. LeBron James (L.A. Lakers) and Kawhi Leonard (L.A. Clippers) are at the top of the list with both having a 97 overall rating; He put up 27.4 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 8.3 assists last season, which is almost similar to his production for the Cleveland Cavaliers during their 2017-18 campaign. however, 2K confirmed that LeBron “has the slight edge” on Kawhi, he is still the top-rated player in the NBA 2K franchise.
2. As for Leonard, he put up 26.6 points, 7.3 boards and 3.3 assists last season, leading the Toronto Raptors to their first-ever championship. His playoff run was also historic, which is the main reason why he’s tied with James. Although one could argue that Kawhi should’ve gotten a better rating, given the circumstances mentioned above.
3. NBA MVP and last year’s Standard Edition cover athlete Giannis Antetokounmpo checked in at No. 3 with a 96. Giannis Antetokounmpo, who won league MVP honors with the Bucks last season.
4. Durant is the fourth-highest rated player in the game, what’s more concerning to the Nets than a video game ranking is the health of Durant. The superstar suffered a torn Achilles in the NBA Finals, and it’s likely that he will miss the entire 2019-20 season. The only place Nets fans will see Durant play next year is in a video game. Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving are the third-highest rated duo in NBA 2K20 with an average overall rating of 93.5.
5. James Harden is coming off one of the best offensive EVER, yet he was rated just a 96 overall by NBA 2K20. This is the same rating that he had last season, and pretty much the same rating that he gets every season.
6. Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry came in as the No. 6 ranked players in NBA 2K20 with an overall rating of 95 and received a 99 rating in his 3-point shooting, He holds a litany of 3-point records that only continue to grow with each season. Curry holds the record for most playoff threes, most 3-pointers in one postseason, and most triples in the Finals.
7. NBA 2K20 poster boy Anthony Davis is the top-rated big man on the game and No. 7 overall, on the list, forming the league’s best duo with James. After finishing third in the Most Valuable Player voting a year ago, Davis averaged 25.9 points, 12.0 rebounds, 3.9 assists, 2.4 blocks, and 1.6 assists over 56 games for the New Orleans Pelicans in his seventh NBA season. He finished seventh in points per game, eighth in rebounds, third in blocks and 12th in steals en route to making his sixth straight All-Star appearance.
8. George is the eighth-highest rated player in the game, the former Most Improved Player, averaged 28 points, 8.2 rebounds, and 4.1 points per game in 77 appearances last season, shooting 43.8% from the floor, 38.6% from deep, and 83.9% from the free-throw line. George is a ball hawk, averaging a career 1.8 steals per game, too. Leonard and George are now the second-highest rated duo in the game behind the Los Angeles Lakers’ LeBron James and Anthony Davis, two of the best two-way players in the league now on the same team.
9. Trail Blazers star Damian Lillard will start next season as one of the top 10 players on NBA 2K’s latest installment. Lillard, who started 2K19 with a 90 overall rating, will receive a two-point bump for the 2K20 edition.
10. Philadelphia 76ers big man Joel Embiid is one of if not the best big men in the game. He made his second straight All-Star game while averaging 27.5 points, 13.6 rebounds, and 3.7 assists and he has earned that reputation around the NBA. The game has begun to release its ratings for each player for its 2019-20 season and Embiid has the second-highest rating in the game at 91.