The global Migraine Drugs Market size is expected to be valued at USD 7.8 billion by 2025, as per a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., exhibiting an 18.0% CAGR during the forecast period. The market is largely driven by factors such as rise in disease prevalence, development of novel therapies, lifestyle changes, and hormonal medications.
Migraine is a debilitating neurological disease characterized by recurrent attacks of severe throbbing head pain that can last for more than three days. Migraine pain may get worse on movement, preventing the patient from carrying out normal, day-to-day activities. In about one-third of attacks, both sides of the head, face, or neck are affected.
Over the past five years, the global migraine drugs market has been relatively stagnant, with the market mainly dominated by usage of generic triptans and other off-label drugs. Majority of the currently prescribed drugs for both acute and preventative treatment are associated with poor efficacy and an unfavorable side-effect profile.
Request a sample Copy of the Global Migraine Drugs Market Research Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/migraine-drugs-market/request/rs1
Launch of Amgen/ Novartis’ CGRP mAb Aimovig and Teva Pharma’s Ajovy is the first step toward revolutionizing the treatment paradigm of migraine prevention. For drug manufacturers likely to enter the market by 2019, such as Eli Lilly, Alder BioPharma, and Biohaven Pharma, pricing will be a key differentiating factor as all CGRP-based therapies have a similar efficacy and safety profile.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Germany leads the European market, driven by rising disease prevalence, novel drug launches, and increase in R&D activities
- The acute migraine treatment market will be supported by rapid uptake of novel drug classes such as CGRP receptor antagonists and ditans currently under active investigation in multiple Phase II/III trials
- Biohaven’s rimegepant is expected to face competition from Allergan’s ubrogepant, which has shown superior efficacy in Phase III trials compared to rimegepant
- Eli Lilly’s Phase III 5-HT1F receptor agonist Lasmiditan is expected to be a novel first-line non triptan acute treatment option for patients in whom triptans are contradicted
- Approximately 20% of patients seeking preventive treatment for migraine do not respond to available generic medications. Several biologics and small molecules drugs are undergoing active development to target high unmet needs in the preventive treatment segment
- Drugs with novel targets in early-phase development include AOBiome Therapeutics’ AOB-203 (antibacterial), Winston Pharma’s Dolorac (histamine H1 receptor antagonists), NeuroAxons’ NXN-188 (combination of NOS inhibitor and a triptan), and Biohaven’s BHV-3500 (gepant). These novel agents are under evaluation for both episodic and chronic migraine in multiple Phase I/II trials.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/5308/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global migraine drugs market based on treatment, therapeutic class, route of administration, and country:
Migraine Drugs Treatment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2025)
- Acute / Abortive Treatment
- Preventive/ Prophylactic Treatment
Migraine Drugs Therapeutic Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2025)
- Acetylcholine Inhibitors
- Ergot Alkaloids
- CGRP small molecule antagonists
- CGRP monoclonal antibodies
Migraine Drugs Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2025)
Migraine Drugs Country Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2025)
Browse Related Report:
Arthroscopy Market: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/arthroscopy-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States