The global G-protein coupled receptors market size is expected to reach USD 4.36 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 6.7%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising adoption of faster and accurate High-Throughput Screening (HTS) technology by pharmaceutical firms to develop potential G-protein coupled receptor-targeted therapeutics is expected to augment the market growth. HTS is used on the G-protein coupled receptor cell-based assays to assist several drug development programs.
Structural and functional features of G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) allow it to mediate physiological responses to hormones, stimulants, and neurotransmitters, thus making them as potential therapeutic targets for various diseases. Recent advancements in the structural biology of GPCRs have provided insights into the molecular mechanisms of these receptors’ activation and activity. Several pharmaceutical companies are undertaking efforts to develop G-protein coupled receptors-targeted therapeutics for several disorders.
In December 2018, Boehringer Ingelheim collaborated with Domain Therapeutics to discover GPCR targets for the treatment of cancer, Central Nervous System (CNS), and immunological disorders. Moreover, in May 2019, Evotec OAI AG partnered with Euroscreen S.A. to improve its capabilities for GPCR targeting. Evotec OAI will access GPCR reagents and AequoScreenTM technology of Euroscreen for its drug discovery procedures. Such initiatives enhance the product adoption as well as drug screening expertise in the pharmaceutical industry.
North America is likely to be at the forefront of the market throughout the forecast period due to heavy investments in cancer research to address the rising demand for drug discovery and development procedures in U.S. Whereas, Asia Pacific is expected to register the fastest CAGR over the forecast years. The region witnesses a rising number of therapeutics development and contract research, thus boosting G-protein coupled receptors market growth.
Request a sample Copy of the G-Protein Coupled Receptors (GPCRs) Market Research Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/g-protein-coupled-receptors-gpcrs-market/request/rs1
Key Takeways Of The Report :
- Easy availability of cell lines products and a large number of companies offering a variety of cell lines resulted in the largest revenue share of cell lines in 2018
- Increasing usage of fully equipped detection kits instead of cell lines, reagents, and ligands separately, marks the potential growth of detection kits in the near future
- cAMP assays serve as a versatile platform in HTS for explaining the GPCR functions, which results in maximum revenue generation from these type of assays
- Cancer research application accounted for the largest revenue share in 2018 owing to increased number of cancer cases and investments in oncology R&D
- Ongoing research studies to evaluate the pharmacology of GPCRs in chronic inflammatory disorders reveals immense opportunities for research in inflammatory applications
- Key companies in the G-protein coupled receptor market include Perkin Elmer, Inc.; Thermo Fisher Scientific; Eurofins Scientific; QIAGEN; Promega Corporation; and Merck KGaA
- Acquisition, partnerships, and collaborations are the major strategies adopted by these companies to offer new GPCR-targeted medicines, thereby strengthening their presence in the global GPCRs market
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/2426/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global G-protein coupled receptors market on the basis product, assay type, application, and region:
GPCRs Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Cell Lines
- Detection Kits
- Cell Culture Reagents
GPCRs Assay Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- cAMP Functional Assays
- Calcium Functional Assays
- β-Arrestin Functional Assays
- Radioligand Binding and GTPγS Functional Assays
- Internalization Assays
- Trafficking Assays
- Other Assays
GPCRs Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- Cancer Research
- CNS Research
- Metabolic Research
- Cardiovascular Research
- Respiratory Research
- Inflammation Research
- Other Application
GPCRs Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
Browse Related Report:
Bone Morphogenetic Protein Market : https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bone-morphogenetic-proteins-market
Next Generation Cancer Diagnostics Market : https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/next-generation-cancer-diagnostics-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States