(Foks) Hui Wang launched a free media player SDK on GitHub for iOS developers, the SDK is called FWPlayer (https://github.com/FoksWang/FWPlayer), it makes devs to implement a video player much easier.
The FWPlayer is based on AVPlayer, it supports both Objective-C and Swift, you can integrate it via CocoaPods, Carthage or manually, it is very handy and speeds up your development process.
(Foks) Hui Wang, the author says he has attached a demo with Swift, a video on Youtube and some screenshots for better understanding, all the information you can find in README.md.
The SDK includes a default player view, it also allows devs to custom the player view to meet their specific requirements.
(Foks) Hui Wang hopes the FWPlayer could help out more and more iOS developers make their video player easily.
- Supports horizontal and vertical playback
- Supports auto-rotating screen playback
- Supports the full-screen and mini-player playback
- Supports mini-player position to drag freely
- Supports the network and local video playback
- Supports full-screen lock
- Supports playback while downloading (Media Cache)
- Supports vertical slide on the left side of the screen to adjust the brightness
- Supports the vertical slide on the right side of the screen to adjust the volume
- Supports gesture swipe fast-forward and rewind
- Supports drag slider fast-forward and rewind
- Supports direct jump to a point in the timeline to play
- Supports multiple video formats
- Supports UITableView playback
- Supports UICollectionView playback
- Supports UIScrollView playback
- Supports background playback
- Supports play sound in silent mode by default
- Supports speed rate playback (0.5x, 1.0x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2.0x)
- Supports custom player view
- Supports advertising view
- Supports adding Http headers and other options to AVURLAsset